Wednesday, May 23, 2012

D&D The Black Journal - Part 2

Here are the next three entries written for the mysterious black journal in my Dungeons & Dragons campaign. The first entries can be found HERE.


  • We lost five men. It was a stealth attack last night while many slept. The enemy numbered only two, but they were highly skilled and nearly reached my command tent. It’s obvious that I was their intended target. One died during the attack, but the other was taken alive. I tried to interrogate her but she said nothing whatsoever. Even when I drew my blade and executed her, she did not make a sound. All the while, however, I saw that her eyes were fixed on the ring around my finger as if nothing else existed. We’ve decided to push forward our attack plans.
  • The answer came to me in the night! I awoke with the ring both on my hand and inside my mind. It spoke to me in a calming voice. As I suspected it is magical, but its power goes beyond anything I could have guessed! It told me that any question I asked it would be answered. Rejuvenated by the moonlight, it is able to answer three questions each day. At first I did not believe it, but sure enough I did as it suggested and asked it a question in my thoughts. Only I know the true location of my father’s crown, but the ring spoke, sounding in my mind and telling me the correct answer! I have since tested it in other ways and found that it has knowledge beyond anything I could imagine. Knowledge which is now literally in the palm of my hand! Now it’s no wonder that the enemy King wanted the ring so badly. This will indeed turn the tide of the war.
  • I do not remember my sister. I’ve learned a great number of important things over the past few weeks thanks to the magic ring, but I fear that my new knowledge has come at a terrible price. I asked the ring just to be sure, and it told me the truth just as it always does: For every question answered by the ring, I lose a memory I once had from my life. I know I had a sister who died when we were both young, but that is the extent of my recollection. My captain tells me that she was loved by her family and all the people of our land, and that many subjects still mourn her death. Now I can’t even remember her name.

No comments:

Post a Comment